Sunday, November 15, 2009

Thanksgiving

By
Kiwi S. Kalloo
Establishing people in the Heart of God in Kingdom Worship and Present Truth.

  • Philippians 4:6 (King James Version)
6. Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

  • Philippians 4:6 (Amplified Bible)
6. Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition ([a]definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God.

  • Colossians 4:2 (King James Version)
2.Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving;

  • Colossians 4:2 (Amplified Bible)
2. Be earnest and unwearied and steadfast in your prayer [life], being [both] alert and intent in [your praying] with thanksgiving.

  • Ephesians 5:20 (King James Version)
20. Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

  • Ephesians 5:20 (Amplified Bible)
20. At all times and for everything giving thanks in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God the Father.
Paul says in Colossians 2:7, be overflowing with thanksgiving. It’s the picture of a river overflowing its banks. We’re called to live as grateful people, and then we have the promise that, one day, faith will be sight and prayer will become praise and we will have that eternal glory. Then we’ll have one never-ending Thanksgiving service, one never-ending Thanksgiving feast in the presence of the Lord.

ONE
Give all your rights to God. If you’re holding onto those rights, if you have expectations of how you deserve to be treated, you’re going to set yourself up for disappointment. But if you’ve yielded all your rights to God, then anything God gives you will be a blessing, and you’ll be thankful for it.

TWO
confess and repent of any ungratefulness that God has exposed in your heart. We’ve seen that the sin of ingratitude is no small sin. So wherever God has revealed to you that you have that sin of ungratefulness, that you’ve failed to be thankful in everything—confess it as sin and then repent of it.

THREE 

     Try a week of thanksgiving, a week where you really focus on this subject of thanksgiving and commit yourself during that week not to ask God for anything, but to look for every opportunity that you can find to say thank You to God and to others.
     Gratitude is born in hearts that take time to count up past mercies
There is such power in a grateful spirit. A grateful spirit can overcome bitterness and discouragement and depression and worry and selfishness and loneliness. A grateful spirit encourages others. And most important of all, a grateful spirit honors and glorifies the Lord, and He is worthy of all our thanks and all our praise.
      Lord, as I sit down at a Thanksgiving table once again, I want to thank You for Your goodness to me.
Thank You for meeting my needs every day—for food and shelter and clothing, and for the many extras You provide that I so often take for granted.
      Thank You for family and friends who make my life complete. Thank You that even when we are miles apart, we are bound by the cords of Your love.

     Thank You that I live in a country where I am free to worship You and to read Your Word.
Most of all, I thank You for Your Son, Jesus Christ, who is the “light of the world.” When I turned to Him, He flooded the darkness of my soul with the light of Your love.

Thank You that He not only died for my sins, but that He is alive today at Your side—hearing my prayers and preparing a home for me in Heaven.

Thank You that Jesus came into this world and took up residence in my life as Savior, Lord, and God.

Thank You for all that You have given me as a Christian: the Holy Spirit who is Your presence in my life, the Bible that is a light to my pathway, and Christian friends who encourage and help me.

Thank You that I can face tomorrow with hope because Jesus is living for me.

O, Lord, how truly rich I am! Thank You for all You mean to me.
“Be thankful unto Him, and bless His name. For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting; and His truth endureth to all generations” (Psalm 100:4-5).

No comments:

Post a Comment